Technology has opened up a new frontier when it comes to earning income. Thanks to the internet technology because it has opened more doors to earning money and anyone can now earn income even at home.
Here are some popular ways to earn online:
1. Blogging or Web Publishing - Earn money from advertisements, paid reviews and product sales. It would be wise to choose a topic close to your heart and you're knowledgeable of in order for you to create quality contents which will entice readers to become regular visitors of your blog.
2. Affiliate Marketing - Affiliate Marketing is an Internet-based marketing practice in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought about by the affiliate's marketing efforts.* Thousands of people earn commissions just by referring customers to sites that sell products or offer services.
3. Online Business - The advantage of the internet is that you can market your products or services anyone, anywhere, anytime. Services may include web designing, copy writing and web development while you can sell anything from digital products to physical ones like clothes, jewelries, books and collectibles.
4. Domaining or Domain Name Speculation - The business of buying, selling and developing domain names and websites. This is similar to real estate investing where a domainer purchases domain names with the intention of selling it in the future at a higher cost. One example is the domain name wallstreet.com. In 1994, it was registered for $70 then sold in 1999 at $1 million.
5. Virtual Job or Freelance - Online jobs saves you the time, energy and cost of traveling to offices daily. With the internet, you can do jobs in journalism, book publishing, journal publishing, article writing and other forms of writing, editing, copyediting, proofreading, indexing, copywriting, computer programming and graphic design, consulting and translating - right in the comfort of your home.
6. Get-Paid-Websites - There are a lot of websites offering to pay you just to read emails, answer surveys, surf the web and sign up for trial subscriptions. Be careful, however, when dealing with these sites because many get-paid-sites are scams (especially those that require you to pay a certain amount prior to signing-up). Most of these sites pay via Paypal and if you do not have a Paypal account yet, you can create Paypal account now.
7. Online Trading - You can now buy and trade stocks through online stockbrokers. You can create an account that you can manage online and buy and trade real stocks in the stock market. Usually, these online brokers just require minimal commission per transaction.
These are just some of the ways to earn income online. Just like in the real world, it would be wise to practice prudence in dealing with people in the virtual world so that you will not be victims to fraud and scams. Whenever you join something online, be sure to research about the site or check out reviews posted about it in the internet to avoid being scammed.
* Source: Wikipedia